Saturday, March 26, 2016

Part III. and IV.

      For part III of the magazine article, favorites and underdogs will be discussed regarding the NALCS Spring Playoffs. In this section I will utilize statistics gathered from the links listed in the previous posts as well as analysis from commentators collected from recorded broadcasts. In my article I intent to cover the six teams in the playoffs by rating them according to an A, B, and C ranking. 2 teams in each tier. These tiers represent, based on spring split performance, how well they are expected to preform in the postseason.

   For part IV. of the magazine article will include discussion over key matchups in the playoffs. Including both teams and individual players on said teams. Description will include references to prior match-ups and individual play-styles.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, I thought that your idea was very unique for the magazine; I loved that you explained your title in your first magazine because I was a bit hesitant of the blog title at the beginning. Personally, I think you are lacking a lot of postings, it doesn’t seem like enough to accurately follow your process throughout the project. Your postings are a bit too short, so you should add more depth and details for each one. I suggest using multimedia, such as images and videos, to enhance the reader’s understanding of the topic you’re talking about. For example, instead of just stating things, analyze them and give details through examples if you’re struggling to develop your postings. Lastly, just a reminder that you need MLA format citations, cause hyperlinking isn’t enough. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris, so I like your overall layout of the magazine, and what you plan to include for your magazine, however some corrections can be made to your blog. Honestly, your posts are short, and don't include much research. I like how you hyperlink your articles in one of your posts, but don't see it in the next posts. Multimedia is also important because it allows people who are viewing your blog to see where your ideas are coming from, so I would include that too. Analzying your research or example you provide could be useful to your posts and help understand as to why you choose this article or example. I hope it all works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I like the idea, I have a lot of friends that play the game. It’s cool because you do not get to see this type of content necessarily go mainstream or be relatable. I personally don’t know much about the culture of the game and I think a lot of the people reading your blog are in the same position. That’s why it’d be awesome to see your thought process; what you like about the game and why you made the choices you’ve made. For example, in part IV, it’d be cool if you told us why you want to include references to prior match-ups. Tell us the purpose and what you want us to get out of that, and maybe include your own opinion so your personality can come through. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete